What you need to know about AB 375
- Right to know all data collected by a business on you (twice annually, free of charge).
- Right to say no to the sale of your information.
- Right to delete your data.
- Right to be informed of what categories of data will be collected about you prior to its collection, and to be informed of any changes to this collection.
- Mandated opt-in before sale of children’s information (under the age of 16).
- Right to know the categories of third parties with whom your data is shared.
- Right to know the categories of sources of information from whom your data was acquired.
- Right to know the business or commercial purpose of collecting your information.
- Enforcement by the Attorney General.
- Private right of action regarding data breaches only.
Opponents feel that the bill was extremely rushed and fear it may have lasting effects that are still unknown. California legislation spent a total of seven days putting together this bill, which is an extremely quick turnaround considering it took GDPR, a similar European Union bill, 4 years to be put together and passed.
Let’s stay in touch! Follow Lunar on LinkedIn for company updates, industry news, employee spotlights and more.
Which Pardot Plan Does My Business Need? Pardot is a business-to-business (B2B) marketing automation and lead management software. Its features include: Email marketing Lead nurturing Sales intelligence CRM integration Lead management Social media marketing ROI...read more
Is Adopting Pardot Right for My Business? Pardot is a software as a service (SaaS) marketing automation tool by Salesforce. The Pardot platform offers email automation, targeted email campaigns and lead management that can help businesses communicate with prospects...read more
Marketing Specialist at Lunar