Acceptable Use Policy
LAST UPDATED FEBRUARY 25, 2019
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes actions that Lunar prohibits when any party uses our Services. This AUP is incorporated by reference into and governed by our Terms of Service (“Terms”). Capitalized terms used but not defined in this AUP shall have the meanings as set out in our Terms.
You may not use our Services without agreeing to this AUP. Any restriction on the use of our Services also includes the same restriction on the use of our Documentation. Thus, you agree not to use, and not to encourage or allow any party to use, our Services in the following prohibited ways:
- Using our Services in any way that violates the Twilio Acceptable Use Policy (“Twilio AUP”).
- Copying, modifying, or creating derivative works of our Services, in whole or in part.
- Renting, leasing, lending, selling, licensing, sublicensing, assigning, distributing, publishing, transferring, or otherwise making available, our Services.
- Reverse engineering, disassembling, decompiling, decoding, adapting, or otherwise attempting to derive or gain access to any software component of our Services, in whole or in part.
- Removing any proprietary notices from our Services.
- Using our Services in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other rights of any person, or that violates any applicable law.
- Using our Services in any manner that materially violates the following industry standards, policies and applicable guidelines published by the CTIA (Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association), the Mobile Marketing Association, or any other generally recognized industry associations.
- Using our Services in any manner that materially violates Carrier guidelines.
- Using our Services in any matter that violates usage limitations as communicated in writing by Lunar to you.
- Using our Services in any manner to engage in any unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities prohibited by applicable law or regulation covering anti-spam, data protection, or privacy legislation in any applicable jurisdiction, including, but not limited to laws and regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Financial Services Modernization Act, the Federal Trade Commission Act, the CAN-SPAM Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Using our Services in connection with unsolicited or harassing messages (commercial or otherwise), including unsolicited or unwanted phone calls, SMS or text messages, voice mail, or faxes.
- Using our Services to harvest or otherwise collect information about individuals, including email addresses or phone numbers, without their explicit consent or under false pretenses.
- Using our Services to engage in, or in connection with, fraudulent activity.
- Using our Services to violate or facilitate the violation of any local, state, federal, or foreign law or regulation, including, but not limited to, laws and regulations regarding the transmission of data or software.
- Using our Services to transmit any material that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
- Using our Services to transmit any material that is, facilitates, or encourages libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise malicious or harmful speech or acts to any person or entity, including but not limited to hate speech, and any other material that Lunar reasonably believes degrades, intimidates, incites violence against, or encourages prejudicial action against anyone based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location or other protected category.
- Using our Services to transmit any material or content that is offensive, inappropriate, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable to any person or entity who did not provide prior express consent to receive such material or content.
- Creating a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call.